Monday, March 9, 2009

It’s the Era of the Cup






Not the Golden Challis, the Holy Grail, or The America’s Cup…just the age of the cup.

[Guitar in the background] I’ve paid my dues – time after time. I’ve done my sentence – but committed no crime…I think I hear We Are the Champions in the background when I walk in to the house. Oh, wait, that’s the theme song for Little Einstein’s.

Yes, we no longer have Gracie getting her buzz on 20 ounces of milk between 7:00 pm and 3:30 am. (Interesting that drug addicts seem to get high in the middle of the night too. We’ll have to watch that girl as she gets older.) She still asked for bottles the weekend after but the key was wearing the kids out. Now she says, while drinking her milk and sitting up in bed, “no ba-ba.”

Friday night, the 21st, Terri and Emily went with Suzanne and Aidan to Key Lime Cove water park so I had the twins at home and just put them to bed without a bottle. Jordan didn’t like it and cried for a while but Grace acted like, ‘If daddy’s not giving me a bottle then, ah, okay, I guess he’s not giving me a bottle. Time to sleep.’ On Saturday morning the three of us headed up to meet everyone else at Key Lime Cove and that was the key. They had so much fun on their first day at the water park that they were completely exhausted by the time we got in the car to head home. It was about 9:30 pm when we made it home and because they were both asleep in the car I had to carry all 60+ pounds of little people inside. Long live the cup!

Here’s some pictures and now on to potty training.


No comments: